We always make sure there is a balanced ratio of men and women at our events.Personal ads for Hartford, WI are a great way to find a life partner, movie date, or a quick hookup.Personals are for people local to Hartford, WI and are for ages 18 of either sex. From top to bottom, left to right: Downtown Hartford skyline from the Connecticut River, Connecticut State Capitol, Old State House, University of Connecticut School of Law, Hartford Seminary, historic Cheney Building Hartford is the capital of the U. As of the 2010 Census, Hartford's population was 124,775, making it Connecticut's third-largest city after the coastal cities of Bridgeport and New Haven.Therefore, Hooker delivered a sermon that inspired the writing of the Fundamental Orders of Connecticut, a document ratified January 14, 1639 which invested the people with the authority to govern, rather than ceding such authority to a higher power. Today, one of Connecticut's nicknames is the "Constitution State." The original settlement area contained the site of the Charter Oak, an old white oak tree in which colonists hid Connecticut's Royal Charter of 1662 to protect it from confiscation by an English governor-general.Historians suggest that Hooker's conception of self-rule embodied in the Fundamental Orders inspired the Connecticut Constitution, and ultimately the U. The state adopted the oak tree as the emblem on the Connecticut state quarter.
The first Europeans known to have explored the area were the Dutch under Adriaen Block, who sailed up the Connecticut in 1614.These supporters organized torch-light parades that were both political and social events, often including fireworks and music, in celebration of Lincoln's visit to the city.This type of event caught on and eventually became a staple of mid-to-late 19th-century campaigning. It was the seat of Hartford County until Connecticut disbanded county government in 1960.Census Bureau estimates since then have indicated Hartford's fall to fourth place statewide, as a result of sustained population growth in the coastal city of Stamford.The House of Hope remained an outpost, but it was steadily swallowed up by waves of English settlers.In 1650, Peter Stuyvesant met with English representatives to negotiate a permanent boundary between the Dutch and English colonies; the line that they agreed on was more than 50 miles (80 km) west of the original settlement.This fort was called Fort Hoop or the "House of Hope." In 1633, Jacob Van Curler formally bought the land around Fort Hoop from the Pequot chief for a small sum.It was home to perhaps a couple families and a few dozen soldiers.Dutch fur traders from New Amsterdam returned in 1623 with a mission to establish a trading post and fortify the area for the Dutch West India Company.The original site was located on the south bank of the Park River in the present-day Sheldon/Charter Oak neighborhood.